6 day intensive course, ideal for those whose CBT has recently lapsed or has ridden extensively on a geared bike but some time ago.
Inclusive of all protective clothing, bike hire, insurance, fuel, dedicated 2:1 tuition, CBT certificate, Module 1 & Module 2 test fees.
In this 6 day Direct Access motorcycle training course, we will immerse you into the fantastic world of riding motorcycles. Ideal for beginners or those with a small amount of riding experience, this intensive approach allows you to focus directly on the challenges at hand and gain your licence in a short space of time.
At BMW Rider Training, we understand that the physical and sensory complexities of riding a motorcycle can be quite a shock. Our gentle start and progressive 'layering' approach to training will allow you will make incredible progress in a very short space of time. With no experience of riding a motorcycle, we can take you to a safe and competent level of riding surpassing that required to pass the tests.
It is our objective to make the learning process a fun one. It is a tough, mentally and physically exhausting experience but made enjoyable throughout.
Who will I train with?
Unlike many other training schools, you will never be more than 2 students to an instructor at any time. All customers are attended to as individuals throughout the training, to make sure you're getting the most out of each session.
What is the course schedule like?
- The course is set over 6 consecutive days to maximise your learning time.
- Training commences at 8.30am and finishes at 4.00pm every day.
- There is a break for lunch, as well as short rest breaks interspersed throughout the day.
The daily schedule is not fixed as we continually adjust this to meet the needs of each student, however the following gives an indication of what to expect from each day.
- Day 1 - CBT - An introduction to the BMW G 310 R on our private training area and venturing on to the road
- Day 2 - Progress to and migration to the BMW F750 GS.
- Day 3 - Focus on slow riding skills, preparing for the Module 1 test, including practice time on the DVSA test site
- Day 4 - Final practice and then Module 1 test with a relaxing afternoon settling in to further riding skills
- Day 5 - Strategic work towards riding skills centering on safe riding practice (observations, road position, junction management etc).
- Day 6 - Final practice for the Module 2 test with possible enhancement session on a larger bike afterwards
What if I struggle with pre-test nerves?
You're not alone! Many students suffer with nerves in the lead up to the tests but our experienced team will do their utmost to put you at ease.
We understand the stress an impending test can cause, which is why we include a practice session for your Module 1 test at our local DVSA Test Centre in the days prior to your actual exam. This opportunity means that the test centre environment won't come as a shock, and you'll be more settled thanks to this practice run.
Alternatively, we do offer a Guaranteed Pass upgrade on our Direct Access 7 Day Course. Click here to find out more about our Guaranteed Pass package...